This recipe is not suitable for the elimination phase anymore*
Last week I had the idea to use my favourite spread as a pasta sauce. It is so simple that you can hardly call this a recipe, but because I really loved this meal, I wanted to share it with you anyway.
This pasta muhammara is nothing more than my recipe for muhammara spread served warm with pasta and it is so good! You can add some extra low FODMAP veggies if you like.
If you sprinkle some cheese over the pasta, this recipe is vegetarian, but you can also leave the cheese out or add some nutritional yeast to make this a vegan recipe! Both versions are super tasty 🙂
*Red bell pepper has been retested in 2022 and is now only low FODMAP up to 43 gram per serving. Therefore I only advise making this recipe if you know you tolerate fructose well.Print
- Total Time: 25 min
- Servings: 2 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
A super simple pasta with muhammara as a sauce. Low FODMAP pasta muhammara! Gluten-free, lactose-free and vegan. So tasty and healthy!
- 160 g gluten-free pasta
- 1x the recipe for muhammara
- Fresh basil
- Optional: vegetables of your choice, I used 150 g canned mushrooms
- Optional: 2 tbsp nutritional yeast or grated cheese to taste
- Prepare the muhammara according to the instructions in the recipe.
- Bring a pan with water to boil and cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- Heat some oil or baking spray in a pan. If you use vegetables, you can fry them for a few minutes now. Add the muhammara to the vegetables and heat for a few minutes on low heat.
- Divide the pasta over two plates and put the muhammara sauce on top.
- Serve with fresh basil and some nutritional yeast or grated cheese.
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Category: Diner
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: International
Keywords: pasta, vegetarian, muhammara
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.
I love using alternatives for topping pasta. I make a chunky eggplant dip that is my favorite pasta topper. This looks delicious- I’ll have to give it a try. thanks
Thank you! Oh, I love eggplant dip, never thought about eating it with pasta though. I should give that a try 🙂