Low FODMAP pumpkin lentil salad (gluten-free, low in lactose)
The lunch recipes are staying a bit behind at Karlijn’s Kitchen I noticed, so I decided to change that by sharing a delicious pumpkin lentil salad with you today.
Lunch is the meal for which I always have the least inspiration. Usually, I eat a salad that I quickly throw together or a few slices of sourdough spelt bread with cheese, but that is not really inspiring to share with you. Therefore, I have a delicious low FODMAP pumpkin lentil salad for you today!
Last week I suddenly had a good idea, again because I was trying to empty my food storage. I had a lot of red lentils laying around. Dried lentils are only limited low FODMAP (23 g per portion), so I had to think of something to combine them with.
I created a pumpkin lentil salad with baked pumpkin cubes, lentils, feta, sundried tomatoes and walnuts. It was really good. You feel full for the entire afternoon and the salad is only 300 calories per portion. Best of both worlds!Print
A delicious healthy pumpkin lentil salad with feta, walnuts and sundried tomatoes. FODMAP, vegetarian and only 300 calories!
- 46 g (1/2 cup) red lentils (if you do not eat low FODMAP you can use a bit more)*
- 100 g (4 cups) rocket lettuce
- 300 g (2 2/3 cup) pumpkin in cubes (measured uncooked)
- 50 g (1/3 cup) crumbled feta cheese
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes**
- 20 g (1/8 cup) walnuts
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 F). Divide the pumpkin cubes over a baking tray covered with baking paper. Flavour them with salt and pepper and bake them for about 20 minutes until they get crunchy.
- Bring a pan with water to boil. Add the lentils with a bit of salt and boil them for about 10-15 minutes. Drain the lentils and leave them to drain.
- Divide the lettuce over the plates. Put the pumpkin cubes on top and divide the lentils over it. Cut the sundried tomatoes into pieces and put them on the salad too. Finally, divide the feta and the walnuts over the salad.
*Dried red lentils are low FODMAP up to 23 g per portion. Canned lentils contain fewer FODMAPs and you can have a little more of those than of dried lentils. If you choose to use canned lentils in this recipe, you can double the amount of lentils to 1 cup or 92 cram (46 gram per serving)
**Sundried tomatoes are low FODMAP up to three pieces per serving. Make sure your jar of sundried tomatoes does not contain any garlic. If you tolerate fructose well, you can use some more sundried tomatoes.
Make sure to use Japanese pumpkin when using pumpkin. Butternut pumpkins are high FODMAP from 45 g (1/3 cup) up.
- Prep Time: 30 min
Do you love recipes with pumpkin?
Then also try out some other yummy pumpkin recipes on Karlijn’s Kitchen!
- Roasted pumpkin soup
- Pumpkin mac and cheese
- Pumpkin and feta risotto
- Pumpkin cheesecake
- Mexican casserole with pumpkin and corn tortillas
- Pumpkin granola
Laat je het me weten als je dit recept gemaakt hebt? Ik zou het heel leuk vinden als je me laat weten wat je van het recept vindt door hieronder een reactie en een rating achter te laten. Je kunt ook je creaties met me delen op Instagram door de hashtag #karlijnskitchen te gebruiken of door mij te taggen via @karlijnskitchen.