Low FODMAP Roasted Pumpkin Soup
Years ago, I only knew pumpkin from pumpkin soup because that was one of the only things that we used to make with pumpkin. I didn’t eat this classic for a while and therefore I decided to make it again. I made a delicious low FODMAP roasted pumpkin soup.
This pumpkin soup tastes a little bit different than a normal pumpkin soup because you roast the pieces of pumpkin in the oven before you put them into the soup.
The result is a very creamy soup, even though no cream has been added. Very tasty and also very healthy, only veggies!Print
A delicious and healthy low FODMAP roasted pumpkin soup. It contains only vegetables, but it is a super creamy soup. Gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan.
- 1 round orange pumpkin (no butternut pumpkin)*
- 2 stock cubes (check the ingredient list to make sure they are low FODMAP)
- 1 liter (4 cups) water
- 1 tsp smoked paprika powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius (390 F).
- Clean the pumpkin, cut it into pieces and remove the seeds.
- Put the pieces of pumpkin onto a baking sheet covered with baking parchment and bake the pumpkin in the oven for 30 minutes. Turn the pieces of pumpkin over after 15 minutes of baking.
- Pour the water and the stock cubes into a large pan. Put the pan on the stove.
- Add the pieces of pumpkin and leave the soup to simmer for 10 minutes. You don’t need to do this that long because the pumpkin has already softened in the oven.
- Use a hand blender to puree the soup into a smooth mixture.
- Add paprika powder, cayenne pepper, and salt and stir through. Leave the soup to heat through for a few more minutes.
*I use Hokkaido pumpkin without problems, but this type of pumpkin has not been tested. If you are still in the elimination phase, I would advise using Japanese or Kabocha pumpkin. This is the only type of pumpkin that has been tested on FODMAPs and is low FODMAP.
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: Soup
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: International
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.