Low FODMAP tuna lasagna
Over the years, I have published several lasagna recipes on Karlijn’s Kitchen and I can see that a lot of people love lasagna, because lasagna recipes are always popular. A while ago, I shared this salmon and spinach lasagna on the blog and this time I have another fish lasagna for you: low FODMAP tuna lasagna with a lot of vegetables.
How to make the tuna lasagna
This tuna lasagna contains for different kinds of vegetables. I used carrots, spinach, oyster mushrooms and tomato passata. Not a fan of one of these vegetables? You can always replace them with another kind of low FODMAP vegetables. For example pieces of paprika.
Lasagna is often made with a tomato sauce. When you are following the low FODMAP diet, the difficulty is that canned tomatoes are only low FODMAP up to 100 gram (3/5 cup) per serving. If you are making a lasagna 100 gram tomato sauce per person is quite little to make enough sauce. I solved this by adding 200 ml stock and some tomato paste to the tomato passata. I heated this together in a pan and added some corn starch to bind it. Like this, you can make some more tomato sauce and it is still low FODMAP.
After making the tomato sauce, all you have to do is fry the veggies and thaw the frozen spinach. You add this together with the tomato sauce and season the sauce with salt, pepper and Italian herbs. Finally, you add the canned tuna and then your lasagna sauce is done!
The final step is to build up the lasagna layer by layer and we finish off with a layer of mozzarella. Yum! I used buffalo mozzarella because I think that is the mozzarella with the most flavour. You can also use normal mozzarella or another kind of grated cheese that you like.
More lasagna recipes?
Are you looking for more low FODMAP lasagna inspiration? Then also take a look at these recipes:
- Low FODMAP lasagna bolognese
- Low FODMAP vegetarian spinach lasagna
- Low FODMAP salmon and spinach lasagna
- Italian lasagna casserole with corn tortillas
Will you let me know if you have made my low FODMAP tuna lasagna? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.Print
A delicious low FODMAP tuna lasagna with spinach, carrot, oyster mushrooms and tomato sauce. Gluten-free and low lactose
- 6–8 gluten-free lasagna noodles
- 200 ml (7 oz) diced tomatoes
- 200 ml (7 oz) stock (use low FODMAP stock)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 125 g (4.4 oz) carrot, in pieces
- 200 g (7 oz) frozen spinach
- 150 g (5.3 oz) oyster mushrooms
- 150 g (5.3 oz) canned tuna, drained
- 1 tsp Italian herbs
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 mozzarella (I used buffalo mozzarella)
- 1 tsp corn starch for binding the sauce
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 F).
- Clean the carrots and cut into small pieces. Do the same for the oyster mushrooms.
- Thaw the spinach in a small pan. Put aside.
- Heat the diced tomatoes in a pan. Add 200 ml stock and 2 tbsp tomato paste. Stir together well with a whisk.
- Put 1 tsp corn starch in a bowl. Add a little bit of water and make it into a paste. Pour the paste into the tomato sauce and stir well with a whisk, so you don’t get any lumps. Season the sauce with Italian herbs, ground paprika, pepper and salt.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and fry the carrots and oyster mushrooms on low heat for 5 minutes. Add the spinach and the tomato sauce and heat on low heat. Stir everything together well.
- Drain the tuna. Add the tuna to the sauce and stir everything together.
- Divide a layer of the tomato sauce over the bottom of the oven dish. Cover with a layer of lasagna noodles. Repeat this two times. Finish with a layer of tomato sauce. I used 2.5 lasagna noodles per layer. Depending on the size of your oven dish, you might need a few less or more.
- Cut the mozzarella into slices and divide on top of the lasagna.
- Bake the lasagna in the oven for 45 minutes. Cover the oven dish with some aluminium foil if the lasagna gets too dark.
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 serving (1/2 of the recipe)
- Calories: 617
- Fat: 14
- Carbohydrates: 84
- Fiber: 7
- Protein: 38
Keywords: low FODMAP lasagna, gluten-free lasagna, tuna lasagna, fish lasagna
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!