Low FODMAP salmon and spinach lasagna
The combination spinach, salmon and cream is one that will never fail me. On the blog, I have already shared several lasagna recipes, a classic lasagna bolognese and a vegetarian lasagna with spinach, but these were both made with a tomato sauce. Therefore, I thought it would be nice to make my next lasagna with a white sauce. I made low FODMAP salmon and spinach lasagna!
The ingredients of the salmon and spinach lasagna
This lasagna is super simple and doesn’t have a lot of ingredients. Below you can see the ingredients that I used for this recipe:
- Gluten-free lasagna noodles: I sometimes hear from people that their gluten-free lasagna noodles don’t cook well or get very dry. You can avoid this by making sure that the lasagna noodles are covered with sauce on all sides. Like that, they can cook well in the oven. Some people pre-cook their lasagna noodles, but that is something I haven’t personally tried yet.
- Salmon: I use fresh salmon in this recipe and I remove the skin. You can also use smoked salmon.
- Spinach: I use frozen spinach. I heat this in a pan to thaw it. Regular spinach can be eaten freely and doesn’t have any limitations. Baby spinach is limited low FODMAP, so make sure to use regular spinach.
- Oyster mushrooms or canned mushrooms: I love mushrooms in combination with salmon and spinach. Oyster mushrooms are canned mushrooms are the only low FODMAP mushroom options, so you can use one of both in this recipe (or a mix). Make sure to rinse and drain the canned mushrooms well. Don’t like mushrooms? You can replace this with another low FODMAP vegetable. Such as pieces of bell pepper or tomato.
- Lactose-free crème fraîche: I use lactose-free crème fraîche to make the cream sauce.
- Grated cheese: to complete the lasagna I sprinkle grated cheese on top. I use grated Dutch Gouda cheese, but you can also use another kind of cheese that you like.
Will you let me know if you have made my low FODMAP salmon and spinach lasagna? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.
A delicious low FODMAP salmon and spinach lasagna with a creamy sauce. Only 6 ingredients. Gluten-free and low lactose.
- 6 gluten-free lasagna noodles
- 17,6 oz (500 g) frozen spinach
- 7 oz (200 g) canned mushrooms or oyster mushrooms
- 5,3 oz (150 g) fresh or smoked salmon
- 8,8 oz (250 g) lactose-free crème fraîche
- 1/4 cup (30 g) grated cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 F).
- Heat the spinach in a pan until it has thawed.
- Rinse and drain the canned mushrooms or clean the oyster mushrooms and cut them into pieces.
- Add the canned mushrooms or oyster mushrooms to the spinach and fry for a few minutes. Add the crème fraîche, stir into the spinach mixture well and heat for two minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Turn off the heat.
- Divide a thin layer of the sauce over an oven dish. Put a layer of lasagna noodles on top. Divide half of the salmon on top and then a layer of sauce.
- Put a layer of lasagna noodles over it, then the rest of the salmon and the rest of the sauce.
- Sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Put the lasagna into the oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1/2 of the recipe
- Calories: 764
- Fat: 48
- Carbohydrates: 49
- Fiber: 11
- Protein: 32
Keywords: low FODMAP lasagna, gluten-free lasagna, salmon and spinach lasagna, gluten-free salmon and spinach lasagna, low FODMAP salmon and spinach lasagna
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!