Low FODMAP creamy mushroom soup
When I started the low FODMAP diet a few years ago, I would have never thought that I would ever be able to make a low FODMAP mushroom soup. But since oyster mushrooms and canned mushrooms are low FODMAP, you can do that. I have already shared a recipe for clear mushroom soup before and now I made a delicious low FODMAP creamy mushroom soup.
The ingredients of the creamy mushroom soup
I used a mix of oyster mushrooms and canned mushrooms for the soup. This soup is low FODMAP, gluten-free, lactose-free and vegan. I used the fresh oat cuisine from Oatly to make the soup creamy. Like that, you get a creamy soup without using dairy products. Ideal if you want to make this soup vegan.
These are the ingredients:
- Oyster mushrooms and canned mushrooms: you can also use only oyster mushrooms if you like that more.
- Dairy-free margarine: you bind the soup with margarine and gluten-free flour.
- Gluten-free flour.
- Low FODMAP stock cubes.
- Vegan cooking cream: I used oat cuisine from Oatly.
- Flavourings: to season the soup, I used the green part of spring onion, pepper, salt, fresh parsley and fresh oregano.
Will you let me know if you have made my low FODMAP creamy mushroom soup? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.
A delicious and simple recipe for low FODMAP creamy mushroom soup. Made with oyster mushrooms and canned mushrooms. Gluten-free, lactose-free and vegan.
- 300 g (10.6 oz) oyster mushrooms
- 200 g (7 oz) canned mushrooms (you can also use only oyster mushrooms)
- 50 g (1.8 oz) lactose-free margarine
- 50 g (1.8 oz) gluten-free flour
- 3 stalks of spring onion, the green part only
- 2 low FODMAP stock cubes
- 1 litre (4 cups) water
- 150 ml (5 fl. oz) vegan cooking cream (I used Oatly oat cuisine)
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Fresh oregano
- Fresh parsley
- Clean the oyster mushrooms and cut them into pieces.
- Drain the canned mushrooms and rinse with water. Drain well.
- Heat a quarter of the margarine in a soup pan and fry the mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the margarine and melt.
- Add the flour and stir through the mushrooms. Fry for 1 minute.
- Make the stock by dissolving the stock cubes in 1 liter boiled water.
- Add the stock to the mushrooms. Stir well with a whisk, so you won’t get any lumps.
- Add the vegan cooking cream and leave the soup to boil for 10 minutes on low heat.
- Taste and season the soup with salt and pepper.
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Category: Soup
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: International
- Serving Size: 1 serving (1/4 of the recipe)
- Calories: 192
- Fat: 11
- Carbohydrates: 17
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 4
Keywords: low FODMAP creamy mushroom soup, vegan creamy mushroom soup, gluten-free mushroom soup, lactose-free creamy mushroom soup
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!