Low FODMAP creamy mushroom soup
When I started the low FODMAP diet a few years ago, I would have never thought that I would ever be able to make a low FODMAP mushroom soup. But since oyster mushrooms and canned mushrooms are low FODMAP, you can do that.
I have already shared a recipe for clear mushroom soup before and now I made a delicious low FODMAP creamy mushroom soup.
The ingredients of the creamy mushroom soup
I used a mix of oyster mushrooms and canned mushrooms for the soup. This soup is low FODMAP, gluten-free, lactose-free and vegan.
I used the fresh oat cuisine from Oatly to make the soup creamy. Like that, you get a creamy soup without using dairy products. Ideal if you want to make this soup vegan.
These are the ingredients:
- Oyster mushrooms and canned mushrooms: you can also use only oyster mushrooms if you like that more.
- Dairy-free margarine: you bind the soup with margarine and gluten-free flour.
- Gluten-free flour.
- Low FODMAP stock cubes.
- Vegan cooking cream: I used oat cuisine from Oatly.
- Flavourings: to season the soup, I used the green part of spring onion, pepper, salt, fresh parsley and fresh oregano.
Low FODMAP creamy mushroom soup
- Total Time: 30 min
- Servings: 4 1x
- Diet: Vegan
A delicious and simple recipe for low FODMAP creamy mushroom soup. Made with oyster mushrooms and canned mushrooms. Gluten-free, lactose-free and vegan.
- 300 g (10.6 oz) oyster mushrooms
- 200 g (7 oz) canned mushrooms (you can also use only oyster mushrooms)
- 50 g (1.8 oz) lactose-free margarine
- 50 g (1.8 oz) gluten-free flour
- 3 stalks of spring onion, the green part only
- 2 low FODMAP stock cubes
- 1 litre (4 cups) water
- 150 ml (5 fl. oz) vegan cooking cream (I used Oatly oat cuisine)
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Fresh oregano
- Fresh parsley
- Clean the oyster mushrooms and cut them into pieces.
- Drain the canned mushrooms and rinse with water. Drain well.
- Heat a quarter of the margarine in a soup pan and fry the mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the margarine and melt.
- Add the flour and stir through the mushrooms. Fry for 1 minute.
- Make the stock by dissolving the stock cubes in 1 liter boiled water.
- Add the stock to the mushrooms. Stir well with a whisk, so you won’t get any lumps.
- Add the vegan cooking cream and leave the soup to boil for 10 minutes on low heat.
- Taste and season the soup with salt and pepper.
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Category: Soup
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: International
- Serving Size: 1 serving (1/4 of the recipe)
- Calories: 192
- Fat: 11
- Carbohydrates: 17
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 4
Keywords: low FODMAP creamy mushroom soup, vegan creamy mushroom soup, gluten-free mushroom soup, lactose-free creamy mushroom soup
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!
The Creamy Mushroom Soup recipe indicates that all oyster mushrooms can be used instead of the mixture of canned ad oyster. Can Use. All canned instead? Are.ALL canned mushrooms low Fodmap?
Monash university states in their app that canned mushrooms (champignons) are low FODMAP. They have a maximum amount though: at 200 gram per serving they contain a moderate amount of polyols. If you use all canned mushrooms and you stick to a serving size of max. 1 / 1.5 serving at a time, you will be at a safe amount (the recipe is for four servings)
I am so grateful for your recipes!
I am trying to restart my system with a detox cleanse and am looking for healthy healing recipes that I can commit to ongoing, moving forward
You’re welcome 🙂