Low FODMAP pasta with tuna, grilled eggplant and black olives
When I was visiting my boyfriend in Slovenia, I cooked us a very simple pasta. I shared this with you in my What I eat in a day from last Saturday. My boyfriend hardly has any kitchen utensils.
A few old pans are all I have to cook with and therefore I didn’t expect much from this meal. Surprisingly it turned out delicious! A pasta with tuna, grilled eggplant and black olives.
This recipe is the first recipe in my new “Fast & Easy” category. I got a lot of requests from you for recipes with fewer ingrediënts.
That was the reason for adding this new category with to my blog. In this category, you find recipes with a maximum of 6 ingredients that you can make within half an hour (this is excluding some basic ingredients, such as stock cubes, olive oil, pepper and salt).
Real fast and easy! You can find the category in the menu under recipes and then dinner. The category doesn’t have many recipes yet, but I’ll be adding more in the coming weeks!Print
- 140 g gluten-free pasta
- 1 medium eggplant (make sure to stay below 300 g for two persons)
- 1 can of tuna in olive oil (I used about 160 g)
- Black olives, to taste
- 200 ml tomato passata
- Pepper and salt
- Optional: dried basil
- Cut the eggplant into slices and the slices into three strips.
- Bring a pan with water to boil and cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- Heat some olive oil in a (grill)pan. Grill the slices of eggplant until they are cooked on both sides. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top. If you used a grill pan, you can better put the eggplant into a deeper pan now because you are going to make the sauce now. That is not so convenient in a grill pan.
- Drain the tuna and add those together with the tomato passata to the eggplant. Heat for a few minutes and season with pepper, salt and optionally basil.
- Slice the olives into slices and add them to the pasta sauce. Turn off the heat.
- Drain the pasta and stir it into the pasta sauce. Serve immediately.
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 514
- Fat: 14
- Carbohydrates: 68
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 30
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.