Low Budget: Pita pizza with grilled veggies
Some time ago I came up with the “pita pizza” and I made a super tasty flammkuchen pita pizza. This idea came from my frustration that I couldn’t make a tortilla pizza easily.
The tortilla pizza was a huge trend in the Netherlands last year. A pizza made on a wheat tortilla. A quick, simple and easy way to make a pizza.
The problem was that I couldn’t find any good low FODMAP tortillas to make them with. But I could find pitas!
This time I made another pita pizza: a low FODMAP pita pizza with grilled veggies. Super simple and so tasty!
This pita pizza is the first recipe in a new category on my blog: low budget recipes! In the category low budget recipes, you can find recipes for 4 persons that you can make for less than €2,50 per person.
I will write down a list of the products that I used and the price. As prices are in euro’s and the products are from the Netherlands, this information might not be useful for everybody.
But this is all I can give you and I think it will at least give an estimate of the costs 😉
The cost of this recipe (I bought the ingredients at Albert Heijn)
- Genius gluten-free pita bread, 4 pitas: €3,29
- Tomato passata, AH basic: €0,46
- Eggplant: €0,89
- Tomatoes, 500 g: €1,09
- Sweet red bell peppers, 2 pieces: €1,79
- Grated low-fat cheese, 150 g: €1,32
€2,21 per person
A low FODMAP pita pizza with grilled veggies. A super tasty low budget recipe that is on the table in no time. Gluten-free and lactose-free.
- 4 gluten-free pitas or spelt flour pita’s
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper
- Oyster mushrooms (1 package of 150 g)
- Grated cheese to taste
- Pepper and salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius (375 F)
- Cut the pita’s open with a scissor along the edges carefully, so you can make two mini pizza bottoms from each pita.
- Spread the tomato paste on the pita bread halves.
- Cut the tomato into thin slices, the bell pepper into slices. Cut the eggplant into slices and the slices into strips.
- Grill the vegetables for a few minutes in a grill pan with some olive oil.
- Divide the vegetables over the pitas and sprinkle with pepper and salt.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top of the pita pizza’s and bake the pizzas in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve the pizzas with a nice salad on the side and enjoy your delicious meal!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: International
- Serving Size: 1 pita pizza
- Calories: 332
- Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 46
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 15
Keywords: gluten-free pita pizza, low FODMAP pita pizza, vegetarian pita pizza
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.