Low FODMAP mushroom soup
If you quickly browse through your list with low FODMAP foods you might expect that mushroom soup is an absolute no go. But I can tell you, surprise, that is not true!
Normal mushrooms are high in FODMAPs, but canned mushrooms and oyster mushrooms are low FODMAP and with these mushrooms you can make a delicious low FODMAP mushroom soup.
Because the soup is made without cream it is a very light soup. Perfect as a little pick-me-up in the afternoon.
I sometimes prepare this soup in the weekend and take it with me to work. We have a microwave at the office where I can heat it up and especially in the colder months I love eating this as a hearty snack.
This recipe also makes a wonderful starter for the Christmas dinner or any other big dinner. As the soup is light, you won’t have the issue that your guests are already full by the time that the main course arrives. If you serve the soup in a small bowl, you can use this recipe for about 6 persons.Print
A low FODMAP mushroom soup! A clear and light mushroom soup that makes a perfect snack or starter for a big dinner. Gluten-free, lactose-free and vegan.
- 1 tbsp truffle-infused olive oil
- 300 g oyster mushrooms
- 200 g canned mushrooms, sliced
- 1,5 liter water
- 3 low FODMAP stock cubes
- A pinch of pepper and salt
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 2 stalks spring onion (only the green part)
- Clean the oyster mushrooms and cut them into pieces. Drain the canned mushrooms and rinse them well.
- Heat 1 tbsp truffle-infused olive oil in a pan. Add both kinds of mushrooms and fry for a few minutes.
- Boil 1,5 liter water in the kettle. Add this to the mushrooms together with the stock cubes. Stir until the stock cubes have dissolved.
- Bring the mushroom soup to a boil and leave to boil for about 10 minutes. Taste and season with salt, pepper and parsley.
- Divide the soup over four bowls. Cut the spring onion into rings and garnish the soup with spring onion and some extra parsley.
- Prep Time: 20 min
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.