Low FODMAP carpaccio with pesto dressing
On the one hand, I like to prepare a fancy dinner on Christmas day, but on the other hand, I also don’t want to spend the entire day in the kitchen while the rest of the family is having fun together.
Because of that I wanted to create some Christmas recipes this year that feel fancy, but don’t cost too much time to make. One of these recipes is a low FODMAP carpaccio!
Carpaccio might not be the most original starter, but it is one that I find myself ordering in a restaurant over and over. It often is a safe low FODMAP choice, it is not too heavy and most people like it.
So you can hardly do wrong with this one. I bought slices of carpaccio in the supermarket, but I dressed it myself with some tasty ingredients. You can also buy thinly sliced tenderloin at your local butcher.
Within 10 minutes you have a tasty starter on the table, no extra preparations necessary. Per-fect!
Will you let me know if you make my low FODMAP carpaccio? I would love it if you would share your creations with me!Print
Low FODMAP carpaccio with pesto dressing! A delicious starter that almost everybody loves and is super easy to make. Gluten-free and lactose-free.
- 400 – 500 g beef carpaccio
- 80 g parmesan cheese
- 20 g pine nuts
- Rocket lettuce
- 2 tbsp low FODMAP pesto (click for the recipe)
- A splash of lemon juice
- A splash of olive oil
- Pepper and salt
- Divide the carpaccio over four plates.
- Put for the dressing two tablespoons of pesto in a bowl and stir together. Add a splash of lemon juice and a splash of olive oil and stir together. This makes the dressing more easier to divide over the plates. Taste and season with pepper and salt.
- Put some rocket lettuce in the middle of each plate.
- Roast the pine nuts for 1-2 minutes in a dry pan. Watch them closely because they burn easily. Divide the pine nuts and the parmesan cheese over the carpaccio. Divide the basil dressing over the plates and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 10 min
Samen gaan we voor buikpijnvrij!
Schrijf je in voor de Karlijn's Kitchen nieuwsbrief en ontvang mijn gratis e-book met 10 onmisbare tips voor FODMAP beginners!