Low FODMAP glazed carrots
I’ve shared it before, but I always find vegetable side dishes the most difficult to come up with for a big dinner, such as Christmas dinner.
I always think it is important to serve enough vegetables with dinner, so it is nice to have several side dishes with vegetables. Such as a salad and a warm vegetable dish.
Today I have an easy and delicious vegetable side dish for you: low FODMAP glazed carrots.
What are glazed carrots?
Glazed carrots are a classic in my opinion. Carrots from the pan or from the oven are glazed with a shiny sweet layer.
Usually, this is done with honey. But because honey is not low FODMAP, I used maple syrup and a little brown sugar in this recipe.
How do you make low FODMAP glazed carrots?
I make these low FODMAP glazed carrots in the oven. That’s nice and easy and means you don’t have to do much work if you also have to prepare other dishes.
I bought carrots with green on them myself and left a small point of green on each carrot. That looks nice when serving the dish.
You remove the rest of the green and scrape the carrots clean.
For the sweet glaze, heat some butter in a saucepan. Add maple syrup and brown sugar and let it warm for 2 minutes over low heat.
Then season the glaze with a pinch of salt and fresh thyme.
You place the carrots in an oven dish and pour the glaze over them. Make sure all carrots are well covered with the sticky sauce.
Then the carrots go into the oven for 35-45 minutes until they are soft.
And then your simple side dish is ready!Print
Low FODMAP glazed carrots with maple syrup. A simple and delicious side dish. Gluten-free and lactose-free.
- 500 g (17.6 oz) carrots
- 2 tbsp butter, cubed
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp brown caster sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (390 F).
- Clean and scrape the carrots. Leave a tip of green on the root. Wash the carrots and pat dry.
- Place the carrots in an oven dish.
- Place the butter in a saucepan and heat over low heat. Add the maple syrup and brown sugar and heat for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Take 6 sprigs of thyme. Strip the thyme from the sprigs and add to the pan. Also, add a pinch of salt. Stir together.
- Pour the maple syrup mixture over the carrots and stir to combine.
- Bake the carrots in the oven for 35 to 45 minutes. Test whether the carrots are done by piercing the thickest part of a carrot with a fork. When the carrot is soft, they are ready.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: International
Keywords: low FODMAP glazed carrots, gluten-free glazed carrots, lactose-free glazed carrots
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen