Low FODMAP goulash soup
Goulash soup is a delicious winter recipe. Hearty, filling and super tasty. Amazing to eat on a cold day. Normally goulash soup contains quite a lot of onion, but of course, I left that out in the low FODMAP version.
You can add some of the green parts of the spring onion for an onion flavour, but I didn’t do that and I didn’t miss it at all. Often there are also potato cubes added to goulash soup. I am not a fan of that, so I left this out too.
But if you like, you can add 150 g of potato cubes to the soup at the end (when you also add the green beans).
I am very happy with this recipe for low FODMAP goulash soup, if I may say so!Print
Een lekkere winterse low FODMAP goulashsoep. Hartig en lekker vullend voor op een koude dag. Ook glutenvrij en lactosevrij.
- 75 g bacon strips
- 400 g beef stew meat
- 1 green bell pepper*
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tsp ground paprika
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 200 ml red wine
- 1 liter stock (make sure to use low FODMAP stock cubes)
- 100 g green beans, in pieces
- Pepper and salt
- Optional: 2 tbsp lactose-free cream cheese or sour cream
- Cut the meat and the paprika into cubes.
- Fry the bacon for a few minutes in a soup pan. Add the beef stew meat and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the bell pepper, tomato paste, ground paprika, and ground cumin. Fry for two minutes.
- Add the stock and the red wine. Stir together and bring the soup to a boil. Cover and leave the soup to simmer for 2 hours.
- Add the green beans to the soup and boil for another 20 minutes. Season the soup with pepper and salt.
- Serve the goulash soup with a scoop of lactose-free cream cheese or sour cream.
*Bell pepper has been retested in 2022 and is limited low FODMAP. Red bell pepper is low FODMAP in smaller quantities than green bell pepper. Therefore I advise using green bell pepper.
- Cook Time: 2 hours 30 mins
- Category: Soup
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: Hungarian
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.