Lemon curd crumble bars (low FODMAP, gluten-free)
Baking is still one of my favourite things to do. Cakes, cookies and homemade bars are my favourite things to eat when I am treating myself and therefore I try to bake regularly. Today’s recipe is a combination of two other recipes on my blog. The basis of this recipe is the same as the blueberry crumble bars and instead of blueberries, I put homemade lemon curd into the bars. This turns them into super fresh lemon curd crumble bars that are perfect for the summer!
Will you let me know if you have made my low FODMAP lemon curd crumble bars? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a reaction and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.Print
Tangy low FODMAP lemon curd crumble bars! Delicious to serve on a party or just whenever you want in the summer. Gluten-free.
For the bottom and the crumble
- 400 g gluten-free self-raising flour
- 210 g cold butter
- 200 g white sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- A pinch of salt
- A square 26 cm (10 inch) baking tin
For the lemon curd layer
- 1x the recipe for lemon curd
- Start by making the lemon curd according to the instructions in the recipe. Put the lemon curd aside to cool. Stir now and then while the lemon curd is cooling down. You can also prepare the lemon curd one day before.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 F)
- Cut the butter into cubes and put all ingredients for the bottom/crumble together in a bowl. Knead with your hands until you have a crumbly dough. Make sure the butter is mixed well into the dough mixture and that you don’t have large chunks of butter in the mixture. The dough should be crumbly.
- Layer a baking tin with baking parchment and divide half of the crumble mixture over the bottom. Press it into the bottom with your fingers.
- Divide the lemon curd over the bottom.
- Divide the other half of the crumble dough on top of the lemon curd. Bake the crumble bars in the oven for 35-40 minutes. The crumble bars are done when the top has browned slightly.
- Leave the crumble bars to cool down in the tin completely. They might be a bit crumbly, so if you take them out when they are still warm, the bars will fall apart.
- You can serve the low FODMAP lemon curd crumble bars by themselves, but it they taste even better with a bit of lactose-free whipped cream on top.
Because the crumble bars contain quite a lot of sugar and butter the suggested serving size is 1 crumble bar per serving.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!