Pulled Chicken Tortillas with coleslaw
Pulled pork has been on my “have to make low FODMAP” list for a very long time. I think I even added it to my food bucket list for 2017. But if I think recipes are difficult to make, I always keep postponing to make them.
The fact that I have to go to a butcher to buy pork shoulder is keeping me from making it. In order to make a “pulled” recipe anyway, I decided to start simple with pulled chicken.
To make pulled chicken you just have to buy some chicken breast, boil it and pull it apart with a fork. Too easy not to try it and it is very tasty! I made delicious low FODMAP pulled chicken tortillas with coleslaw.Print
Low FODMAP pulled chicken tortillas with homemade coleslaw. Very simple to make and super tasty. Gluten-free and lactose-free.
For the pulled chicken tortillas
- 6 corn tortillas
- 200 g (7 oz) chicken breast
- 1 stock cube (check the ingredients for FODMAPs)
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) coconut milk
- 1 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Fresh parsley
For the coleslaw
- 100 g (1 cup) carrot, julienne
- 100 g (1 cup) red cabbage
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise (check ingredients for FODMAPs)
- 1 tbsp lactose-free yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp mustard (check ingredients for FODMAPs)
- Pepper and salt
- A splash of lemon juice
- Bring a pan with water to boil. Add a stock cube and put the chicken breast into the boiling water. Leave the chicken to boil for 12-15 minutes until it is totally cooked and then remove it from the pan.
- In the meantime, prepare the coleslaw. Put the carrot and the red cabbage together into a bowl. Add the mayonnaise, yoghurt, mustard, a splash of lemon juice and pepper and salt and stir together. Taste and add some more yoghurt, mayo or spices to taste.
- Pull the chicken apart using two forks.
- Put the coconut milk into a bowl and add the spices. Stir together. Put the pulled chicken together with the coconut milk mixture into a pan and heat for a few minutes while you stir.
- Heat the corn tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Put some coleslaw on top of the tortilla’s and put the pulled chicken on top. Garnish with some fresh parsley and lime juice.
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: American
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.