Low FODMAP tofu salad with cottage cheese and pine nuts
I have been following Personal Body Plan for four months now. An online program where you get advice about strength training and eating to develop a healthy lifestyle.
They also have a recipe database with a lot of nice recipes, but I didn’t make one of those yet. Until I was looking for a nice salad recipe this week and I found this recipe for a tofu salad.
I wanted to cook with tofu again for a while, but I didn’t do it because I usually find the taste of tofu quite boring and I didn’t find a good way to marinate it. But in this recipe for tofu salad they did have a nice marinate and this made the tofu very tasty.Print
- 100 g tofu
- 75 g cottage cheese*
- 75–100 g salad
- 75 g roma tomatoes
- 10 g pine nuts
For the dressing
- 5 ml sweet soy sauce
- 10 ml soy sauce
- 2 ml oil
- 2 ml lemon juice
- some chilli pepper
- some dried ginger
- Take the tofu out of the package and drain it.
- Make the seasoning by mixing all the ingredients together.
- Cut the tofu into cubes and put it into the seasoning. Leave it to marinate for at least half an hour.
- Put a pan on the stove and let it get hot. Roast the pine nuts. This takes about five minutes. Pay close attention to them, because they can burn really easily.
- Take them out of the pan and add some oil/baking spray to the pan.
- Bake the tofu for five minutes.
- In the meantime put the salad, the tomatoes and the cottage cheese on the plate. Add the baked tofu on top and sprinkle the pine nuts on top
*Cottage cheese is low FODMAP up to 40 gram per serving. I use a bit more and take a lactase pill to tolerate the lactose. You can also use a lactose-free cottage cheese if you can find that in your supermarket.
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!