Mozzarella chicken in tomato sauce
Do you know what my favourite Christmas recipes are? Recipes that sound fancy, but are actually super simple to make. With Christmas, you want to be together with your family and not spend all day in the kitchen, but you still want to put something special on the table.
This mozzarella chicken in tomato sauce is a good example of that. It is very easy to make, but it still has something festive ánd it is delicious. You can serve the chicken with different kinds of vegetables and potatoes or with pasta.Print
A simple, but delicious main dish: mozzarella chicken in tomato sauce. Perfect to serve at Christmas dinner. Low FODMAP and gluten-free.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 400 ml (2 cups) tomato passata
- 125 g (1 cup) mozzarella (use lactose-free mozzarella if you are sensitive to lactose)
- 2 1/2 tsp Italian herbs
- Pepper and salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (390 F).
- Pour the tomato passata into an oven dish and season with Italian herbs, pepper and salt. Stir through.
- Put the chicken breasts on top of the tomato sauce and sprinkle with pepper and salt.
- Put the oven dish in the oven for 20 minutes. Flip the chicken breasts over after 10 minutes of baking. Check if they are done after 20 minutes. If you use thicker chicken breasts, they might need an extra 5 minutes.
- Turn the oven temperature up to 220 degrees. Cut the mozzarella into slices and divide the slices over the chicken breasts. Put the mozzarella chicken back in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Serve with side dishes such as different kinds of vegetables, potatoes, pasta and optionally some fresh basil.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: FODMAP, gluten-free, mozzarella, chicken, tomato
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.