Low FODMAP salad with chicken thigh, mushrooms and bacon
Today I have a super simple salad recipe for you. A lukewarm salad with chicken thigh, mushrooms and bacon. Lukewarm salads are a great way to eat salad in winter and still have a warm meal.
This salad makes a perfect lunch or side dish. I love chicken thigh because it is more tender than chicken breast and together with the mushrooms and salty bacon it is delicious in a salad.
You can add some extra vegetables if you want to make it a bit more filling or if you want to eat the salad for dinner.Print
- 200 g chicken thigh, in pieces
- 150 g canned mushrooms (canned mushrooms are low FODMAP up to 100 g per portion)
- 150 g bacon (check the ingredient list for FODMAPs)
- 75 g lettuce
- Optional: 150 g cucumber
For the dressing
- 50 ml lactose-free yoghurt
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise (check the ingredient list for FODMAPs)
- A splash of lemon juice
- Pepper and salt
- Fry the bacon until it becomes crunchy (no oil necessary).
- Add the chicken thigh and fry until the chicken is cooked on all sides. Finally, add the mushrooms and fry them shortly. Season with pepper and salt.
- Make the dressing by mixing the yoghurt with the mayonnaise. Add lemon juice, pepper and salt to taste.
- Divide the lettuce over two plates. Optionally add some cucumber. Divide the chicken mixture over the plates and sprinkle the dressing on top.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.