Low FODMAP burger salad
If you have read my FIT FODMAP challenge update, you might know that I have been eating fewer carbs lately because I notice that my stomach reacts badly when I eat a lot of carbs.
A few weeks ago I made a delicious low FODMAP burger salad. Everything that you normally find on a burger in a salad instead of on a bun. It was SO tasty!
You have all the great flavours of a burger, but the meal is way lighter. And this recipe is also low budget!
You can add your favourite burger toppings. I made a bacon cheeseburger! I added a bit more than the allowed amount of avocado to my salad because I tolerate about 1/2 avocado per serving.
The recommended low FODMAP serving size of avocado is 1/8 avocado per serving.
The cost of this recipe (I bought the ingredients at Albert Heijn)
- Lean minced meat, 500 g – €3,75
- One head of iceberg lettuce – €1,19
- Bacon, 300 g – €1,99
- Tomatoes, 500 g – €1,09
- Pickles, jar – €0,85
- Grated cheese, 200 g – €1,49
- Mayonnaise, tube – €0,79
- Avocado – €1,09
- Spices from pantry – €0
€3,06 per person
Because a lot of people will have some ingredients, such as cheese and mayonnaise, in their fridge already, this recipe is usually even a bit cheaper.Print
Low FODMAP burger salad! A filling salad that tastes like a burger. Low carb, gluten-free and lactose-free, but super tasty!
- 400 g lean minced meat
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- Pepper and salt
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce
- 100 g bacon
- 4 roma tomatoes (75 gram per serving is low FODMAP)
- 2 pickles (check the ingredients to make sure it is low FODMAP)
- 80 g grated cheese
- 1/2 avocado (1/8 avocado per person is low FODMAP)
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise (check the ingredients to make sure it is low FODMAP)
- Put the minced meat together with the spices into a bowl and knead with your hands. Shape into 4 burgers and bake them until fully cooked. Add the bacon at the end and bake for a few minutes, until crispy.
- Cut the iceberg lettuce, rinse and dry. Divide over four plates.
- Cut the tomatoes, avocado and pickles into slices.
- Put the burger in the middle of the salad and divide the tomato, pickles, avocado and bacon around it.
- Sprinkle some grated cheese over the burger or put a slice of cheese on top.
- Divide some mayonnaise over the salad and serve immediately (you can also use another sauce of your choice, such as low FODMAP ketchup or mustard.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Category: Salad
- Method: Toss
- Cuisine: International
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 444
- Fat: 33
- Carbohydrates: 5
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 32
Keywords: low FODMAP burger salad, gluten-free burger salad
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.