Low FODMAP creamy mac and cheese with chicken and spinach
Today, I made one my favorite recipes from when I was a kid low FODMAP. A delicious low FODMAP creamy mac and cheese with chicken and spinach.
My mum used to make this mac and cheese with chicken, spinach, mushrooms and a lot of grated cheese. This low FODMAP version doesn’t contain mushrooms, but is just as good!Print
A tasty recipe for a creamy mac and cheese with chicken, spinach and grated cheese. Low FODMAP, gluten-free and low lactose.
- 100–160 gr gluten-free macaroni
- 1 package (200ml) lactose-free cooking cream (I used Minus L)
- 300 gr spinach
- 200 gr chicken thigh fillet
- 60 gr grated cheese
- Parsley, oregano, cayenne pepper
- Pepper and salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Boil the macaroni according to the instructions on the package. Pick the amount of macaroni according to how much you eat.
- Cut the chicken thigh into strips. Heat some oil or cooking spray in a pan and fry the chicken thigh until it is cooked.
- Season the chicken with pepper, salt, parsley, oregano and some cayenne pepper.
- Add the spinach to the chicken and fry for a few minutes. Remove some of the liquid from the pan, otherwise, your macaroni dish will be too wet.
- Add the cooking cream to the chicken and the spinach in the pan and heat for a few minutes. Taste and add some extra pepper, salt and spices if necessary.
- Stir in half of the cheese.
- Grease an oven dish and put the pasta in. Divide the cream sauce on top. Stir everything together and sprinkle the other half of the cheese on top.
- Place the oven dish in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.