Creamy low FODMAP pasta with ham and mushrooms
This is a real classic for me: creamy low FODMAP pasta with ham and mushrooms. Not the most healthy pasta recipe, but it is só tasty and it reminds me of my youth.
When I was still living with my parents we used to eat this regularly and everybody loved it. I didn’t eat it for years, but I suddenly remembered it and made a low FODMAP version. It tastes exactly as how I remember this dish. I love it!
I was not so sure anymore which vegetables we ate with this pasta. I could only remember that it was cream with ham and mushrooms.
Because only mushrooms seemed like not enough veggies for me, I also added some broccoli. Spinach and bell pepper (limited low FODMAP) also go well with it.Print
Creamy low FODMAP pasta with ham and mushrooms. A delicious comfort food recipe with only 5 ingredients. Gluten-free and lactose-free.
- 160 – 180 g gluten-free pasta (I used tagliatelle, if you cannot find this spaghetti is fine too)
- 1 bottle (250 ml) of lactose-free cooking cream
- 200 g canned mushroom (oyster mushrooms are also low FODMAP, so you could use those too)
- 200 ham, in cubes
- 1 tsp parsley
- Pepper and salt
- Grated cheese to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. I used frozen broccoli and I cooked the broccoli for 5 minutes. I just threw it in with the tagliatelle, cooked it for five minutes and then took the broccoli out with a spoon, while I cooked the tagliatelle a bit longer. I am lazy and I don’t have a dishwasher, so if I don’t need to use an extra pan, I rather don’t 😉
- Heat some oil in a pan. Drain the mushrooms and rinse them well. Fry the mushrooms and ham in the pan shortly. Add the broccoli and the cooking cream and leave to simmer for a few minutes. Taste and season the sauce with parsley, pepper, salt and grated cheese.
- Divide the pasta over two plates and scoop the sauce on top. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.