Low FODMAP baked pasta with chicken and cream cheese
I have told you about my love for Jamie Oliver before. He seems such an open and funny guy, he is very passionate about food and he can cook fantastically.
We have almost all of his cookbooks at home and while I don’t cook from his cookbooks (or from cookbooks in general) very often there are a few recipes that are on our favourites list and we make them regularly.
His pasta and risotto recipes are the ones we love most, especially baked pasta because this gives such a nice crust on your pasta.
We used to cook often from Jamie’s book Jamie’s Italy. The pages of our favourite recipe ‘spaghetti tetrazzini’ are all wrinkled and full of stains.
Proof that we made this recipe often 😉 In this book Jamie didn’t really pay attention to what is healthy or not and he used many full-fat products and lots of olive oil.
Just like the Italian mama’s make their traditional Italian dishes.
The spaghetti tetrazzini is a baked pasta with chicken and cream cheese. In the original recipe, Jamie uses 500 ml cream, different kinds of mushrooms and chicken legs.
I made a slightly healthier version (just slightly) and replaced the normal mushrooms (which are high in FODMAPs) for zucchini and oyster mushrooms (which are low FODMAP).
I made the cream sauce with lactose-free crème fraiche and lactose-free cream cheese and that was delicious. If you rather have lactose free cream you can use that instead!Print
This low FODMAP baked pasta with chicken and cream cheese is based on a recipe by Jamie Oliver. A delicious creamy pasta. Also gluten-free and lactose-free
- 320 g gluten-free spaghetti
- 400 g chicken thigh, cut into cubes
- 200 g zucchini, cut into cubes
- 160 g lactose-free crème fraiche
- 160 g lactose-free cream cheese
- Two tbsp garlic-infused olive oil
- 200 ml white wine
- 150 g parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan. Add two cloves of garlic to the oil when the oil is hot and leave this to simmer for a while. Remove the garlic when it starts to smell and browns.
- Add the chicken thighs to the oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake until all sides are browned. Add the zucchini to the chicken. Pour in the wine and lower the heat. Leave the mixture to simmer until the chicken is done and the wine has evaporated a bit.
- Boil the spaghetti according to the instructions on the package and drain it.
- Add the Crème Fraiche and the cream cheese to the chicken mixture and heat it until it almost starts to boil. Flavor the sauce with pepper and salt. Turn off the heat.
- Add the spaghetti to the sauce and also, add ¾ of the Parmesan cheese and the fresh basil. Stir everything together.
- Divide the pasta over a greased oven dish and divide the rest of the cheese on top. Put the pasta in the pre-heated oven for about 10-15 minutes until the top of the pasta has browned.
- Divide the baked pasta over the plates and serve some extra Parmesan cheese with it.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.