Low FODMAP cobb salad
A Cobb salad is a well-known salad in the United States and I thought it would be fun to make a low FODMAP version of it. So a low FODMAP Cobb salad.
A cobb salad usually consists of iceberg lettuce, tomato, bacon, turkey or chicken breast, boiled eggs, avocado, and blue cheese served with a homemade dressing.
The various ingredients are usually placed in neat rows on top of the lettuce and that is how the salad is served. That looks very nice!
A Cobb salad is a super filling salad that you can eat as a main meal. Wonderful for summer days.
The ingredients of the low FODMAP Cobb salad
I made my low FODMAP Cobb salad with the following ingredients:
- Romaine lettuce
- Fried chicken breast
- Slices of fried bacon
- Boiled eggs
- 1/4 avocado: 1/8 avocado per person is low FODMAP. If you know that you can handle sorbitol well, you can use a little more avocado.
- Cherry tomatoes
- Blue cheese, I used Roquefort
I made the dressing with olive oil, red wine vinegar, a little mustard, pepper, and salt.
These ingredients make a healthy protein-rich salad that also tastes delicious. Win-win! Continue reading for the recipe.Print
A low FODMAP cobb salad with chicken breast, boiled egg, avocado, tomato, blue cheese and a homemade dressing. Gluten-free and low in lactose.
- 2 eggs, boiled
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground paprika
- 4 slices of bacon
- 2 heads of baby romaine lettuce
- 75 g (2.6 oz) watercress
- 1/4 avocado
- 120 g (4.2 oz) cherry tomatoes
- 60 g (2.1 oz) roquefort, crumbled
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Hard boil the eggs for about 10 minutes and let them cool.
- Finely chop the lettuce and wash the lettuce. Drain well.
- Wash the watercress and drain.
- Divide the lettuce and watercress over a large dish or bowl.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan and fry the chicken breasts while turning them occasionally.
- Season with salt, pepper, and ground paprika.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the pan and add the bacon slices. Fry until crispy in a few minutes.
- Cut the chicken breast into slices and the bacon into pieces.
- Peel the eggs and cut them into slices.
- Cut the avocado into cubes. Wash the tomatoes and cut them in half.
- Arrange the egg slices, chicken slices, bacon strips, and avocado and tomato pieces in rows on top of the lettuce.
- Crumble the Roquefort and also place it in a row on top of the lettuce.
- For the dressing, stir together the red wine vinegar, olive oil, mustard, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Drizzle over the salad and serve.
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Category: Salad
- Method: Toss
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 443
- Fat: 33
- Carbohydrates: 3
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 34
Keywords: low FODMAP cobb salad, gluten-free cobb salad, cobb salad recipe
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen