Low FODMAP tomato risotto with shrimps! A delicious combination of risotto and fish. Great for every season ✓ Gluten-free ✓ Low in lactose
- Garlic-infused olive oil
- 50 g (1/4 cup) cherry tomatoes, cut in half*
- 200 g (7 oz) canned diced tomatoes*
- 150 g (1 1/4 cup) risotto rice
- 500 ml (2 cups) low FODMAP stock
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) dry white wine**
- 50 g (1/4 cup) lactose-free creme fraiche
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 200 (7 oz) g ( shrimps (I used frozen)
- Grated parmesan cheese to taste
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Rinse the cherry tomatoes and cut them into halves.
- Heat a tablespoon of garlic-infused olive oil in a pan.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and fry them shortly.
- Add the rice and stir this around for a few minutes, until the rice starts to look glossy. Add the white wine to the rice and wait until it has evaporated.
- Add the diced tomatoes and stir everything together.
- Add a spoonful of stock. Wait until all the stock has absorbed and then add another spoonful. Repeat this until the rice is cooked and soft.
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a pan and fry the shrimps until cooked, in about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Turn off the heat and sprinkle with the lemon juice.
- Stir the shrimps into the risotto and also add the creme fraîche and a small handful of chopped basil. Heat the risotto until the cream fraîche is warm.
- Serve the risotto with some grated parmesan cheese on top and extra basil.
*Tomatoes have been retested in 2022 and are now limited low FODMAP. If you are still in the elimination phase or know that you react to fructose, I advise using only the canned tomatoes in this recipe and leaving out the cherry tomatoes. If you know you tolerate fructose well, you can use both.
**If you don’t want to use wine, you can replace this with 50 ml (1/4 cup) extra stock
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: risotto, tomatoes, shrimp, gluten-free, FODMAP, lactose-free