Low FODMAP tomato risotto with shrimps
Ahh risotto, that might be one of my most favorite dishes ever. I love normal rice dishes, but risotto is even better than that. The way you prepare it makes it super creamy and delicious. You can add all kinds of ingredients to it and turn it in to a completely different dish every single time. I made a risotto with fish this time because I didn’t do that before. I yummy low FODMAP tomato risotto with shrimps!
Not a fan of fish?
I love fish and I really loved the shrimps in this risotto. My boyfriend, however, is allergic to fish and for him, I left the shrimps out and added in chicken. He really loved this version too! So if you don’t like fish or you cannot eat it, you can also make this risotto with chicken.
Low FODMAP risottos
Last year, I shared a recipe for risotto with chicken on the blog. A super simple recipe that I had quickly thrown together on a day that I didn’t feel like cooking. At first, I didn’t even want to share the recipe with you, but because I got several questions about it, it did anyway. And guess what: this recipe turned out to become one of the most popular recipes on my blog!
You clearly are just as big fans of risotto as I am. Over the years, I have shared quite some yummy low FODMAP risotto recipes on the blog. So definitely take a look at the recipes below if you are looking for some more risotto inspiration:
- Vegetarian risotto with spinach pesto
- Lemon risotto
- Risotto with sweet potato and chicken
- Simple chicken risotto
- Mushroom and prosciutto risotto
- Pumpkin risotto with feta
- Arancini – fried risotto balls
My personal favourites are the mushroom and prosciutto risotto and the risotto with spinach pesto. The lemon risotto is a wonderful risotto for summer days. At first, I had to get used to the idea of a risotto with lemon, but it tastes super refreshing and light.
This low FODMAP tomato risotto with shrimps can be eaten at every time of the year. I think it is the perfect spring risotto, but also on colder days it will make a great comfort food dish.
Low FODMAP tomato risotto with shrimps! A delicious combination of risotto and fish. Great for every season ✓ Gluten-free ✓ Low in lactose
- Garlic-infused olive oil
- 50 g (1/4 cup) cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 200 g (7 oz) canned diced tomatoes
- 150 g (1 1/4 cup) risotto rice
- 500 ml (2 cups) low FODMAP stock
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) dry white wine*
- 50 g (1/4 cup) lactose-free creme fraiche
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 200 (7 oz) g ( shrimps (I used frozen)
- Grated parmesan cheese to taste
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Rinse the cherry tomatoes and cut them into halves.
- Heat a tablespoon of garlic-infused olive oil in a pan.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and fry them shortly.
- Add the rice and stir this around for a few minutes, until the rice starts to look glossy. Add the white wine to the rice and wait until it has evaporated.
- Add the diced tomatoes and stir everything together.
- Add a spoonful of stock. Wait until all the stock has absorbed and then add another spoonful. Repeat this until the rice is cooked and soft.
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a pan and fry the shrimps until cooked, in about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Turn off the heat and sprinkle with the lemon juice.
- Stir the shrimps into the risotto and also add the creme fraîche and a small handful of chopped basil. Heat the risotto until the cream fraîche is warm.
- Serve the risotto with some grated parmesan cheese on top and extra basil.
*If you don’t want to use wine, you can replace this with 50 ml (1/4 cup) extra stock
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Category: Diner
- Cuisine: Italian
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!