A simple but tasty low FODMAP potato soup with carrot, the green part of leek and spring onion. Topped with cheddar cheese. Low lactose and gluten-free.
- 500 g (17.6 oz) potatoes
- 100 g (3.5 oz) carrots
- 1 leek, the green part only
- 25 g (1.5 tbsp) butter
- 25 g (2.5 tbsp) gluten-free flour
- 750 ml (3 cups) low FODMAP stock (made from 750 ml water and low FODMAP stock cubes or powder)
- 500 ml (2 cups) lactose-free milk
- 50 g (1/4 cup) grated cheddar cheese
- 2 stalks of spring onion, the green part only
- Optional: lactose-free sour cream or crème fraîche for garnish
- Peel the potatoes and the carrots. Cut into small cubes. Put aside.
- Cut the green part of the leek into rings. Put aside.
- Heat the butter in a soup pan until it has melted.
- Add the flour and cook it for 1 minute. Stir occasionally.
- Add the stock and stir well with a whisk.
- Then add the milk and the potatoes, carrots and leek.
- Bring the soup close to a boil. Then lower the heat to medium-low and leave the soup to simmer for about 15 minutes. Stir the soup now and then.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste. Optionally stir in the grated cheddar cheese.
- Serve the soup with a dollop of crème fraîche in each bowl and some rings of spring onion.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: Soup
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: International
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 255
- Fat: 7
- Carbohydrates: 37
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 9
Keywords: low FODMAP potato soup, gluten-free potato soup, potato soup, vegetarian potato soup