A basic recipe for low FODMAP pesto! Simple and quick to make. With only 5 ingredients. Gluten-free and low lactose.
- 30 g (4.5 tbsp) pine nuts
- 40 g (1/2 cup) parmesan cheese
- 3 handfuls of basil (approx. 2/3 basil plant)
- 4 tbsp olive oil (optional to use garlic-infused olive oil)
- Pepper and salt
- A splash of lemon juice
- Toast the pine nuts for a few minutes in a pan without fat. Shake well to stop the pine nuts from burning.
- Place the pine nuts together with the parmesan and basil in a plastic cup.
- Blend with an immersion blender or with a mortar and pestle.
- Add 3 tbsp olive oil, pepper, salt and a dash of lemon juice and mix until you have a pesto.
- If the pesto is still too thick, add a little extra olive oil.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Category: Sauces and spreads
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 portie (1/6 of the recipe)
- Calories: 141
- Fat: 14
- Carbohydrates: 1
- Fiber: 0.5
- Protein: 4
Keywords: low FODMAP pesto, gluten-free pesto, pesto basic recipe