It is mussel season! Delicious low FODMAP mussels in white wine sauce with a homemade sauce. Gluten-free and lactose-free.
- 2 kilos mussels (how much mussels you need totally depends on how much you eat and if you make any side dishes. I used 1 kilos of mussels per person with potatoes and a salad on the side. You can easily double the recipe if you want to make more)
- Garlic-infused olive oil
- 100 g carrot, in pieces
- Optional: the green bulb of 1/2 leek (I don’t like leek so I left this out)
- 400 ml water
- 100 ml white wine
- Fresh parsley
For the healthy mussel sauce
- 100 ml lactose-free yoghurt
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- Lemon juice
- Pepper and salt
- Rinse the mussels well. Remove shells that are open, broken and check if shells that look bigger than the others are not full of sand. Throw those away.
- Heat some oil in a pan. Add the pieces of carrot and the leek if you use that. Fry for a few minutes.
- Add 200 ml water and 100 ml wine to the pan (if you cook for children, you can replace the wine with more water). Add the mussels and bring to a boil.
- Boil the mussels for about 4-6 minutes. They are done when the shells are open and if you can remove the mussels from the shell easily.
- Add some fresh parsley to the mussels and season with salt and pepper.
- Make the mussel sauce by mixing the yoghurt and the mayonnaise with some lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Serve the mussels with the mussel sauce and some fries!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins