A delicious walnut roasted red pepper dip from Syria: low FODMAP muhammara. Delicious as a party snack or on a sandwich! Gluten-free, lactose-free, vegan.
- 3 roasted red peppers (I used peppers from a jar, check the ingredients for FODMAPs)*
- 75 g walnuts
- 1.5 tbsp pomegranate syrup (this is sold in Turkish supermarkets)
- 3 tbsp oat flour (or ground oatmeal)
- 1 tsp cumin
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pepper and salt
- A splash of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Put all ingredients together in a bowl and mix it with a food processor or hand blender into a smooth mixture.
- If you think the spread is too thin, add some extra oats. If it is too thick, add some extra olive oil or lemon juice.
*Note: bell pepper was retested in 2022 and it is now limited low FODMAP. Red bell pepper is low FODMAP up to 43 grams per serving. If you are still in the elimination phase or know that you react to fructose, I recommend eating a maximum of 40 grams of muhamarra per serving.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Category: Spreads & sauces
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern