A delicious Spanish low FODMAP gazpacho. Traditional cold soup made with tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber and gluten-free white bread. A perfect summer soup!
- 100 gr gluten-free white bread (I used the no crust white bread by Proceli, which is sold in several European countries)
- 750 gr tomatoes*
- 1 jar of smoked red bell pepper (350 gr)*
- 1 cucumber
- 50 ml (garlic) olive oil
- 2 tbsp wine vinegar
- Soak the white bread in cold water for 2 minutes. The gluten-free bread that I used was very soft already. If you use another kind of bread you might have to soak it a bit longer, 10-15 minutes. Squeeze the water out of the bread and tear it into pieces.
- Cut the tomato, cucumber and bell pepper into cubes.
- If you don’t have low FODMAP garlic oil, you can make it yourself by heating olive oil in a pan and then adding one or two cloves of garlic. Heat the garlic in the oil for a while and then remove it. Leave the oil to cool down.
- Put the tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, bread and garlic oil into a bowl. Put everything into a blender and blend into a smooth mixture. Flavour with salt and vinegar.
- Put the gazpacho mixture through a sieve and put it into the fridge for several hours to cool.
- Serve the soup with a garnish of your choice. For example some pieces of cucumber and bell pepper, parsley, spring onion or olives in pieces.
*This recipe is not suitable for the elimination phase. Tomatoes and red bell pepper have been retested in 2022. They are both limited low FODMAP now and contain fructose in larger amounts. Therefore I don’t advise making this recipe if you are still in the elimination phase or when you know you don’t tolerate fructose well.
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Category: Soup
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: Spanish
Keywords: gluten-free gazpacho, lactose-free gazpacho