Low FODMAP baked mac and cheese with ham and mushrooms.The best macaroni casserole ever! Guilty, but so yummy! Gluten-free and lactose-free.
- 300 g gluten-free macaroni
- 200 g canned mushrooms*
- 300 g ham, in cubes
- 200 g grated cheese
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground paprika
- Pepper and salt
- A large oven dish
For the bechamel sauce
- 40 g butter
- 50 g gluten-free flour
- 500 ml lactose-free milk
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cook the macaroni according to the instructions on the package.
- Melt the butter in a small pan. Add the gluten-free flour and the oregano. Stir well and heat through for a minute.
- Add the lactose-free milk little by little. Add a splash of milk and stir well with a whisk. Then add another splash of milk. Continue until you have used all of the milk and you have a smooth sauce. Bring the sauce to a boil and leave to boil for about 3 minutes while you stir regularly.
- Season the bechamel sauce with paprika powder, pepper and salt. Stir 175 gram of the cheese into the sauce. Save the other 25 grams to sprinkle on top of the oven dish later. Leave the sauce to simmer for one more minute and then turn off the heat.
- Rinse the mushrooms and drain them.
- Put the macaroni together with the ham and the mushrooms in the oven dish.
- Pour the bechamel sauce on top and stir together. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
- Put the oven dish for 15 minutes in the oven and then serve immediately.
*Normal mushrooms are not low FODMAP. Canned mushrooms are low FODMAP up to 200 g per serving. Oyster mushrooms are also low FODMAP, so you can use those too.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 15 min