Since following Personal Body Plan I see bakes with protein powder everywhere. This time, I tried it myself and made a protein mug cake with chocolate.
- 1 scoop (30 g) chocolate protein powder (I use soy protein from XXL nutrition)
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp water
- optional: a bit of vanilla essence
- Cut the banana in slices and throw all the ingrediënts together (save some slices of banana for on top of the mug cake).
- Use a mixer to mix all the ingrediënts together well. You can add some extra water if the mixture is too thick.
- Scoop the mixture into a mug and put it in the microwave for about one and a half minute on 800 Watt.
- Keep a close look on the mug cake while it is in the microwave because it will get really dry if you leave it in too long.
Protein powders based on rice, egg-white, whey protein isolate and whey protein concentrate with a lactose-free claim are usually ok for the FODMAP diet. The soy protein I was using is not low FODMAP, but I tolerate it. Make sure to check for high FODMAP ingrediënts such as fructose.
- Prep Time: 5 mins