Fudgy low FODMAP vegan brownies. Yum yum! These brownies are for everyone: they are vegan, low FODMAP, gluten-free and lactose-free.
This recipe is based on this Dutch recipe of Vegetus
- 120 g gluten-free flour (I use Schär mix C)
- 225 g sugar
- 180 ml almond milk
- 90 ml sunflower oil
- 240 g dark chocolate
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- A brownie baking tin of 30×20 cm (12×8 inch)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 F). Line the baking tin with baking parchment.
- Mix the sugar, oil, almond milk and vanilla extract together in a bowl.
- Melt the chocolate au bain-marie or in a pan on very low heat.
- Add the melted chocolate, gluten-free flour, cacao powder and a pinch of salt to the sugar mixture and stir until you have a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the baking tin. Bake the batter for 30 minutes in the oven. You will notice that the brownies won’t have completely set after the baking time. This will happen when the brownies cool down.
- Take the brownies out of the oven and leave to cool down. Then put the brownies into the fridge for 1-2 hours, so they can set completely. After the time in the fridge they are easier to cut and eat.
These brownies contain quite a lot of sugar and chocolate. Both of these ingredients can trigger IBS complaints in larger quantities. Therefore I advise to limit your serving size to one brownie per serving.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 30 min