A healthy and easy-to-make dinner: low FODMAP shrimp lo mein noodles. With vegetables and homemade stir-fry sauce. Gluten-free option and lactose-free.
For the sauce
- 4 tbsp soy sauce*
- 1.5 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp mirin (Chinese cooking wine)
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
For the noodles
- 150 g (5.3 oz) oyster mushrooms
- 1 small romaine lettuce or 150 g (5.3 oz) bok choy
- 2 stalks of spring onion, the green part.
- 100 g (3.5 oz) carrots
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 140 g (4.9 oz) soba noodles*
- 200 g (7 oz) shrimps
- Put all the ingredients for the sauce together in a bowl except for the cornstarch.
- Put the cornstarch into a small bowl and add water until you get a thick sauce consistency. Add this to the rest of the sauce and stir well.
- Rub the oyster mushrooms clean and cut them into pieces.
- Wash the lettuce or bok choy, remove the end and cut it into pieces. Cut the green part of the spring onion into rings.
- Clean the carrots and bell pepper and cut them into small pieces.
- Bring a pan with water to boil and cook the noodles according to the instructions on the package. Drain and rinse with cold water. Put aside.
- Heat some oil in a wok on high heat.
- Add the carrots, bell pepper, mushrooms, and the white part of the lettuce or bok choy to the pan and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the green part of the lettuce or bok choy and spring onion. Fry for another minute.
- Pour the sauce in and heat for 2 minutes.
- Then add the shrimp and fry for 3-4 minutes until it turns pink.
- Finally, add the noodles and stir everything together. Serve immediately.
*To make this recipe gluten-free, use gluten-free soy sauce and gluten-free soba noodles.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stir fry
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 469
- Fat: 7
- Carbohydrates: 67
- Fiber: 7
- Protein: 33
Keywords: low FODMAP shrimp lo mein, low FODMAP lo mein noodles, gluten-free lo mein noodles, gluten-free shrimp lo mein