A basic recipe for low FODMAP meatballs. Delicious with a main dish, such as pasta or to serve as a party snack. With gluten-free option.
- 150 g (5.3 oz) breadcrumbs (I make low FODMAP breadcrumbs using spelt bread*)
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) lactose-free whole milk
- 1 kilo (35 oz) minced meat (half pork, half beef)
- 2 eggs
- 4 stalks spring onion, the green part, in rings
- 1 handful chopped fresh basil
- 1 handful chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 60 g (2.1 oz) grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Olive oil for frying
- Place the breadcrumbs into a bowl and add the milk. Set aside for a few minutes.
- Add the minced meat to the bowl and break the eggs over the bowl.
- Add basil, parsley, oregano, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Knead everything well with your hands.
- Shape the mixture into small meatballs with your hands.
- Heat plenty of olive oil in a frying pan. Fry the meatballs in batches in the pan. About 5-6 minutes on one side and then about another 5 minutes until golden brown on all sides.
- Nice to serve with pasta in a tomato sauce, but also delicious with potatoes or fries and vegetables. Or as a party snack.
*If you are still in the elimination phase, I recommend that you first test whether you can tolerate spelt bread.
Use gluten-free bread if you want to make gluten-free meatballs. The Meisterbäcker bread from Schär, for example, is suitable for this. These are also FODMAP certified.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: International
Keywords: Low FODMAP meatballs, gluten-free meatballs, low-lactose meatballs