Delicious low FODMAP spring rolls with shrimp, cucumber, carrot, and fresh herbs. A nice light meal. Gluten-free and lactose-free.
- 200 g (7 oz) shrimp
- 100 g (3.5 oz) of rice noodles
- 1 pack of rice paper
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- A handful of fresh mint
- A handful of fresh coriander
- 100 g (3.5 oz) cucumber, julienne cut
- 100 g (3.5 oz) carrot, julienne cut
For the peanut sauce
- 3 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, sliced
- 4 tbsp hot water
- Defrost the shrimp if you use frozen shrimp.
- Place the shrimp in a pan and cover them with a layer of water, just above the shrimp.
- Cook the shrimp for 1-2 minutes until they are nicely pink. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Cook the rice noodles according to the instructions on the package. Then drain and rinse with cold water.
- Cut the cucumber into thin strips and the carrot too, if you are not using a ready-made carrot julienne.
- Wash the lettuce leaves and cut them into pieces.
- Prepare the shrimp and rice sheets.
- Put warm water on a deep plate or flat dish.
- Dip a rice sheet in the water for a maximum of 5 seconds.
- Remove and place on a plate or cutting board.
- Place some lettuce on the left side of the rice sheet. Place some strips of cucumber and carrot on top.
- And also put a few leaves of mint and coriander on top.
- Place the shrimp in the middle of the rice sheet. Make sure you leave some space at the top and bottom.
- Put some rice noodles on top of the vegetables.
- Fold the sides of the rice sheet towards the center. Then roll up the rice sheet tightly from left to right.
- Set aside and repeat for the other rice sheets.
For the peanut sauce
- Peel the ginger and finely chop it. Put in a bowl.
- Add the peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and water and stir well.
- Finely chop some peanuts and add them to the peanut sauce.
- Serve the spring rolls with the peanut sauce.
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: low FODMAP shrimp spring rolls, low FODMAP spring rolls, shrimp spring rolls, spring rolls with peanut sauce