A delicious low FODMAP carrot cake banana bread. Some “orange” to celebrate Kingsday in Holland. Gluten-free and lactose-free.
- 150 g almond flour (ground almonds)
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 3 bananas
- 60 g raisins
- 50 g carrot, grated
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- Optional: some chopped walnuts
- A 26 cm (10 inches) cake tin
- Pre-heat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius (350 F)
- Put the bananas and the raisins together into a food processor or use a hand blender to turn it into a smooth mixture.
- Add the eggs, one by one, and whisk them into the mixture with a whisk.
- Do the same for the almond flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir the grated carrot into the banana bread mixture and add the walnuts if you use them.
- Bake the carrot cake banana bread in the oven for 45 minutes. Check the bread regularly while it bakes. If it gets dark too quickly, you can cover the cake tin with some aluminium foil.
- Leave the banana bread to cool down completely before you cut it. You can store the banana bread in the fridge for about 4 days or you can freeze it in slices. I usually freeze the slices and take a slice with me to work to have as a snack.
- Spread some lactose-free cream cheese on top of a slice of banana bread to make the carrot cake taste complete. The banana bread is also very good with peanut butter.
- *Ripe bananas are low FODMAP up to 35 g per serving. Unripe bananas up to 100 g per serving. For recipes like these, I always choose to use yellow bananas that don’t have any brown spots yet. Because the amount of banana per serving is quite low and because you use relatively unripe bananas the amount of banana per serving is low FODMAP.
- Almond flour is low FODMAP up to 24 g per portion
- Raisins are low FODMAP up to 13 g per portion
- If you cut the banana bread into 12 slices, 1 slice per serving is low FODMAP
- You can also try to use a different kind of low FODMAP flour, but I haven’t tested this yet.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 145
- Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 12
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 5