A delicious low FODMAP baked spaghetti with minced meat, oyster mushrooms, and tomato sauce. A fantastic comfort food recipe. Gluten-free and low in lactose.
- 150 g gluten-free spaghetti or spelt spaghetti*
- 200 g lean minced beef
- 400 g oyster mushrooms
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 150 ml tomato passata**
- 20 g grated parmesan cheese
- 1 ball of mozzarella
- A handful of fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 F).
- Cook the spaghetti according to the instructions on the package.
- Heat a pan and add the minced meat. Fry until cooked, stirring it regularly.
- In the meantime, scrub the oyster mushrooms clean and cut them into pieces.
- When the minced meat is done, add the oyster mushrooms and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add oregano, paprika powder, salt, and pepper. And also add the tomato passata to the minced meat mixture.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain the spaghetti and put it in a casserole dish.
- Divide the sauce over the spaghetti and stir together.
- Then divide the parmesan cheese over the pasta.
- Cut the mozzarella into slices and divide over the pasta.
- Place the baking dish in the oven for 20 minutes until the pasta is warm and the cheese is bubbly.
- Garnish the casserole with fresh basil and serve.
*Spelt spaghetti is limitedly low FODMAP. If you know that you do not tolerate fructans well or if you have to eat strictly gluten-free, it is better to choose a gluten-free pasta. If you can handle it, you can make this dish with spelt spaghetti.
**Can’t handle fructose well? Then use a maximum of 150 ml tomato passata for 2 people. That’s a safe portion. Would you like some more sauce? Then you can heat the tomato passata in a saucepan and add some stock (e.g. 100 ml). Then put 2 tsp cornstarch in a bowl and add a little water. Stir this into a paste. Stir this into the sauce to thicken the sauce a bit. Do you know that you tolerate fructose well? Then you can use some extra tomato passata. I would then choose 250-300 ml for 2 people.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: low FODMAP baked spaghetti, gluten-free baked spaghetti, baked spaghetti, spaghetti casserole with minced meat and tomato sauce