Low FODMAP apple crumble bars. Yes, you read that correctly: apple is low FODMAP up to 20 g per serving, yum! Gluten-free and lactose-free
For the crumble dough
- 380 g gluten-free self-raising flour
- A pinch of salt
- 225 g butter, melted*
- 150 g light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- A baking tin of 29 x 19 cm (7,5 x 11,5 inch)
*Read here why butter is low FODMAP and lactose-free
For the apple filling
- 240 gram apple (weigh this carefully!)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp corn starch
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line your baking tin with baking parchment.
- Put the self-raising flour together with the salt into a bowl and stir together.
- Melt the butter in a pan on low heat and put this together with the sugar and the vanilla extract into the bowl with the flour. Mix together with a spoon until you have a crumbly mixture.
- Divide half of the mixture over the baking tin and use the back of a spoon to form a smooth bottom.
- Peel the apples and cut them into small pieces. Put 240 gram apple in a bowl and add the lemon juice, corn starch and cinnamon. Stir together.
- Divide the apples over the bottom. Divide the other half of the crumble dough over the apples and press down carefully.
- Put the apple crumble bars in the oven for 35-40 minutes, until the top looks golden brown. Leave the apple crumble bars to cool down in the tin. Then remove them from the tin and cut into 12 pieces.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 40 min