Polenta with eggplant, tomato sauce, minced meat and parmesan cheese. Delicious Italian comfort food! Low FODMAP, gluten-free and lactose-free.
- 80 – 100 g polenta
- 200 g diced tomatoes (canned)
- 200 g minced meat
- 1/2 eggplant
- 30 g grated parmesan cheese
- a cube of butter or coconut oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- a few drops of tabasco
- dried parsley, pepper and salt
- Cut the eggplant into cubes and sprinkle some salt over it. Leave this for 15 minutes.
- Put the minced meat in a bowl and add parsley, pepper and salt. Knead the minced meat well and form 10 meatballs out of it.
- Squeeze the liquid out of the eggplant cubes with your hands. Heat some oil in a pan and bake the eggplant cubes for about 10 minutes while stirring them. If you don’t have to eat low FODMAP you can also add half a clove of diced garlic to the eggplant. Then add the tablespoon of balsamic vinegar, the tabasco and the tomato cubes to the pan and dilute the sauce with a splash of water. Leave the sauce to boil for about 10 minutes.
- In another pan bake the meatballs in some oil for about 10 minutes until they are done. Add them to the sauce and stir everything together.
- Bring a pan with water to boil and cook the polenta according to the description on the package.
- Stir, when it has a nice thick consistency, half of the parmesan cheese and the cube of butter or coconut oil through the polenta.
- Divide the polenta over two plates. And put the sauce on top of this. Finish with the rest of the parmesan cheese and some parsley.
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: gluten-free, FODMAP, polenta, mince, tomato