Gluten-free chocolate chip cookies. Crunchy from the outside and soft and chewy from the inside. Exactly how chocolate chip cookies should be! Low FODMAP.
- 200 g gluten-free flour
- 75 g butter or coconut oil, at room temperature
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 100 g light brown sugar
- 75 g white sugar
- 8 g vanilla sugar (or substitute this for white sugar)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 60 g dark chocolate chips (or more if you prefer)
- A pinch of salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Put all the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, in a bowl and knead this into a soft flexible dough.
- Knead the chocolate chips into the dough.
- Layer a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Roll the dough into little balls (depending on how big you want your cookies). Put them on the baking tray and flatten them slightly with your hand. Leave enough space between the cookies, because they will get bigger while baking.
- Bake the cookies for about 20 minutes in the oven until golden brown. Check the cookies regularly when they are in the oven, depending on your oven it might take a bit shorter or longer until the cookies are done.
- Take the cookies out of the oven (they will still be soft then) and leave them to cool. While cooling the cookies will harden.
If you are very sensitive for lactose, you can best use coconut oil or another dairy-free butter spread instead of butter.
The ingredients of the cookies are low FODMAP, however large amounts of sugar and fat can be a trigger for some people. It is therefore advisable to not eat more than 1-2 cookies at a time.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins