Simple low FODMAP buckwheat pancakes, Dutch style! These pancakes are also gluten-free and lactose-free. Perfect for dinner, but also a handy lunch on the go.
- 200 g (1 and 2/3 cup)buckwheat flour
- 600 ml (2.5 cups) lactose-free / plant-based milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- A pinch of salt
- Oil or baking spray
- Put the buckwheat flour together with the salt into a bowl.
- Add the eggs one by one and whisk well in between.
- Add the milk little by little. Whisk continuously while adding the milk. If you add the milk too fast the mixture might get lumpy and you want to avoid that.
- Heat some oil or baking spray in a pan. Wait until the pan is hot and pour some of the batter into the pan. Coat the bottom of the pan evenly.
- Flip the pancake once all batter solidifies. This takes about two minutes and brown the other side. This side is usually done within 1 minute if you made your pancake thin enough.
- Repeat this until you have used all the batter. Top your pancakes with your favourite toppings. If you use cheese, you can also add this while baking. Mmm!
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: Dutch
Keywords: low FODMAP buckwheat pancakes, gluten-free buckwheat pancakes, lactose-free buckwheat pancakes, buckwheat pancakes