Gluten-free Brazilian cheese bread made with tapioca flour. Also known as Pao de Queijo. Delicious soft and cheesy. Low FODMAP, low lactose and vegetarian.
- 250 g (8.8 oz) tapioca starch
- Pinch of salt
- 100 g (3.5 oz) old cheese, grated
- 50 g (1.8 oz) parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- 100 ml (3.4 fl. oz) lactose-free cow’s milk
- 100 ml (3.4 fl. oz) water
- 50 ml (1.7 fl. oz) sunflower oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (392 F).
- Place the tapioca starch in a bowl along with a pinch of salt.
- Heat the milk, water and sunflower oil in a saucepan over low heat. Heat until it starts to bubble.
- Add to the bowl and stir everything together well.
- Add the egg and stir.
- Then add the parmesan cheese and grated Gouda cheese.
- Stir everything together well.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Wet your hands a bit and divide the batter into 16 balls. Place on the baking tray with some distance in between.
- Bake the breads in the oven for about 20-25 minutes. It can differ per oven exactly how much time is needed. In my oven they were done after 22 minutes.
Storage: you can store the cheese rolls in a sealed container in the refrigerator for a week. Heat them briefly in the oven or microwave before eating them.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: Snack
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Brazilian
- Serving Size: 1 bread
- Calories: 127
- Fat: 6
- Carbohydrates: 14
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 3
Keywords: brazilian cheese bread, pao de queijo, gluten-free cheese bread, gluten-free pao de queijo, low FODMAP cheese bread