Low FODMAP vegan sesame tempeh soba noodles
Today I have a very simple vegan recipe for you. For those days that you come home from work tired, don’t feel like cooking, but want to eat something healthy anyway.
Sesame tempeh soba noodles are perfect for that! The only preparation you have to do is putting the tempeh in a marinade the night before. The next day your dinner will be on the table in 20 minutes!Print
A simple vegan recipe: sesame tempeh soba noodles. You can prepare this recipe in 20 minutes and it is low FODMAP and lactose-free. With gluten-free option
For the marinade
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the sesame tempeh soba noodles
- 200 g tempeh
- 120 g soba noodles (soba noodles are low FODMAP up to 90 g per portion, but they are not gluten-free. If you have to eat gluten-free you can replace the soba noodles by rice noodles).
- 100 g bean sprouts
- 150 g bok choy (bok choy is low FODMAP up to 100 g per portion)
- 200 g canned mushrooms (contrary to normal mushrooms, canned mushrooms are low FODMAP up to 150 g per portion)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Pepper and salt
- One evening before: cut the tempeh into small pieces. Prepare the marinade by putting the ingredients for the marinade together in a bowl. Add the pieces of tempeh and stir until all the tempeh has been covered with the marinade. Cover the bowl with cling film and put the tempeh in the fridge overnight to marinate.
- The next
day:bring a pan with water to boil.
- Cut the bok choy into pieces. Drain the mushrooms and rinse them.
- Heat some oil or baking spray in a pan. Add the tempeh and fry for 10-15 minutes on medium heat until the tempeh has browned and got a slightly crunchy crust.
- Add the mushrooms, bean sprouts and bok choy and fry for a few minutes. Season with pepper and salt.
- In the meantime, boil the soba noodles according to the instructions on the package.
- Drain the soba noodles when they are done and stir in a tablespoon of soy sauce.
- Put the tempeh and the vegetables on a plate and put the soba noodles on top. Sprinkle some sesame seeds over the soba noodles.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.