Low FODMAP sandwich with homemade baba ganoush
On one of the last days of my vegan challenge, I was craving a sandwich. It just took me some time to think about something to put on my sandwich. Usually when I make a sandwich, I put smoked salmon, cheese with tomato or lactose-free cream cheese on top of it, but of course, that wasn’t possible.
A search on Pinterest gave me a lot of inspiration for a vegan sandwich, but unfortunately, most options were not low FODMAP. You often see sandwiches with hummus, avocado or spreads or burgers made with beans and even though I love these options, they are not low FODMAP.
Luckily I came up with a very tasty vegan sandwich. A sandwich with my low FODMAP baba ganoush, a recipe that I published on my blog last year.
Baba ganoush is sooo good! The best way to eat eggplant if you ask me. You grill the eggplant in the oven and that gives it a beautifully soft and creamy flavour.
Because of the spices you add, this vegan sandwich doesn’t need much more than the baba ganoush. I finished my sandwich with tomato, olives and some lettuce. Super simple and also healthy!Print
A simple low FODMAP vegan sandwich with homemade baba ganoush. Super good and healthy. Lactose-free, with gluten-free option.
- 3 small slices sourdough spelt bread (choose gluten-free bread if you have to eat gluten-free)
- 1/2 recipe baba ganoush
- 50 gram of tomato, in slices
- Olives, in slices
- Prepare the baba ganoush according to the instructions in the baba ganoush recipe.
- Spread the baba ganoush on top of the slices of bread. Put first the slices of tomato, then the slices of olive and finally the lettuce on top of this.
- Sprinkle a bit of pepper and salt on top.
- Put the slices of bread on top of each other and your sandwich is done!
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.