A recipe for low FODMAP chocolate chip cookies from The 28-plan for IBS relief by Lauren Renlund and Audrey Inouye
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) butter, soft
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp low FODMAP flour blend
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, using a fork, cream the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until well combined.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour blend, almond flour, xanthan gum and baking soda
- Slowly mix the flour mixture into the butter mixture until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator or freezer for at least 10 minutes.
- Leaving about 2 inches of space between each cookie, drop spoonfuls of the dough onto the prepared sheet pan. You should have 36 small cookies.
- Transfer the sheet pan to the oven, and bake for 10 minutes, or until just lightly browned on the bottom and soft but firm on top. Remove from the oven. Let cool for at least 5 minutes on the sheet pan and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4 cookies
- Calories: 397
- Fat: 16
- Saturated Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 37
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 3
Keywords: low FODMAP chocolate chip cookies, gluten-free chocolate chip cookies