Low FOMAP taco tubs
The Mexican cuisine is one of my favorites. There are so many delicious dishes, especially for burrito’s and nacho plates you can wake me up anytime, but I also loved the Mexican casserole that I made a while ago.
I am very happy that nacho’s and tacos are low FODMAP and that I can eat them without any problems. I must say I find taco’s extraordinarily annoying to eat (meaning the hard taco shells we eat here most of the time) because they always break.
Usually before you even got the chance to fill them (and that’s how I created my taco salad). Therefore, I have a recipe for you today with taco tubs. Taco tubs with homemade taco seasoning mix.
I read several blogs about taco tubs lately and they immediately got my attention. Taco tubs are made of the same ingredients as taco shells, but they have the shape of a handy rectangular cup instead.
They are way easier to fill without falling apart in your hands. I think they are officially meant to use as party snacks, but just have them for dinner.
Because the taco seasoning mixes that you find in the supermarket all contain garlic and onion, I made my taco tubs with homemade taco seasoning mix.Print
Taco tubs with homemade taco seasoning mix. These minced meat-filled taco tubs are low FODMAP, gluten-free and lactose-free.
- 200 g lean minced meat
- 120 g tomato
- 1 green bell pepper
- ½ can tomato puree (30 g)
- Grated (light) cheese
- Lactose-free cream cheese or sour cream or two portions low FODMAP avocado dip
- 8 taco tubs (or 4 normal taco shells)
- Optional: iceberg lettuce
For the seasoning mix
- ¼ tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp (smoked) paprika
- ½ tsp chilli
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius/350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix all spices together. Take one tablespoon of the spices mix and mix this with one tablespoon water.
- Fry the minced meat in a pan. Add the spices mix and bake for a few minutes. Add the tomato puree and heat it through.
- Cut the tomatoes and the paprika in small pieces and add them to the minced meat. Fry shortly until soft.
- Heat the taco tubs in the oven according to the instructions on the package.
- Divide the meat mixture over the taco tubs. If you like you can add some iceberg lettuce first.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over the taco tubs and serve with lactose-free cream cheese, sour cream or low FODMAP avocado dip.
- Cook Time: 25 mins
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.