I was craving nacho’s for quite a while. That’s why I decided to make a taco oven dish, with taco’s instead of nacho’s. And with grated cheese, mm so good!
- 200 g of minced meat
- 1 red pepper
- 1 bell pepper*
- 200 g diced canned tomatoes*
- cumin, paprika powder, salt, pepper, oregano and chilli pepper, according to your taste (you can also buy pre-made taco seasoning, but I prefer to make it myself)
- 4 taco shells
- 50 g grated cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Fry the meat in a frying pan until it is cooked through.
- In the meantime deseed the red pepper and the bell pepper and cut them into small pieces.
- Season the meat with some salt and pepper and add the vegetables.
- Add the can of tomatoes to the pan and let it simmer for a while.
- Season the sauce with herbs of your choice. I used a mixture of cumin, (smoked) paprika powder, salt, pepper, oregano and pul biber (a kind of chilli pepper).
- Put the mixture into an oven dish. Break the taco shells into pieces and stick them into the mixture. Sprinkle the grated cheese over it.
- Put the dish in the oven for 10 minutes until the cheese has melted.
*In 2022, the low FODMAP quantities for peppers and tomatoes have been adjusted. Red bell pepper and tomato are both high in fructose in larger quantities and are therefore no longer so easy to combine. If you are still in the elimination phase or know that you react to fructose, I recommend omitting the paprika from this dish.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: International