Low FODMAP salmon poke bowl
I could eat sushi every day and I think I am not they only one. It is soo good! But it is not so easy to make by yourself and that is why I never do that.
Now I have found a solution for that: a low FODMAP poke bowl! I was super surprised by how good this tasted and how easy it is to make.
It really tastes likes you are eating sushi rolls, but it is 10x faster to make! This will absolutely be a new favourite!
You can vary with this recipe as much as you want. You can replace the smoked salmon by fresh raw tuna or salmon for example or you can add avocado to the bowl (be careful with avocado if you are eating low FODMAP).
Actually, you can put everything that you like in your sushi in your poke bowl too.Print
Low FODMAP poke bowl with smoked salmon
- Total Time: 20 min
- Servings: 1 1x
Sushi, but then super simple! A delicious low FODMAP poke bowl with smoked salmon. Quick to make and very tasty. Gluten-free and lactose-free
- 75 g (1/3 cup + 1 tbsp) brown rice, white rice or sushi rice
- 50 g (1/4 cup) julienne carrots
- 100 g (2/3 cup) cucumber
- 4 nori sheets
- 75 g (2.6 oz) smoked salmon
- Optional: 1/8 avocado (this is the low FODMAP serving size. If you don’t eat low FODMAP you can use more)
- Sesame seeds
- Soy sauce
- Boil the rice according to the instructions on the package.
- In the meantime cut the cucumber into strips, make julienne of the carrot (or buy them like that) and cut the nori with a sharp knife into thin strips too.
- Put the rice into a bowl and lay the cucumber, carrot, nori, salmon and avocado, if using, on top of it.
- Finish with some sesame seeds and soy sauce on top.
- Prep Time: 20 min
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.