Low FODMAP strawberry buckwheat muffins
I have been following the low FODMAP diet a bit more strictly since a few weeks. I went to see a dietician again because I felt like my complaints were too severe for the past months and I wanted to go back to basics.
Just be a bit more strict for a while to get my IBS under control again. I added too many “limited low FODMAP foods” into my diet little by little and that didn’t go well.
I was having some difficulties to come up with a healthy snack and I had loooots of buckwheat flour in my pantry (I always buy a bag when I am in the store and forget that I still have it at home), so I made fresh strawberry buckwheat muffins with yoghurt!
Buckwheat has a particular taste that you have to like, but the strawberries and the banana make the muffins nice and sweet, so I think they taste very nice!Print
Strawberry buckwheat muffins with yoghurt. Low FODMAP, gluten-free and lactose-free. A delicious and healthy snack! Only 111 calories.
- 150 g buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 75 ml lactose-free yoghurt
- 25 ml maple syrup
- 1.5 bananas
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Place silicone or paper muffin cups into a muffin tin.
- Mix the buckwheat flour with the baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Mash the 1.5 bananas with a fork. Add this together with the yoghurt, maple syrup and the eggs to the flour. Mix everything together.
- Cut a few strawberries into pieces.
- Divide the mixture over the muffin cups and press the strawberry pieces into the mixture.
- Bake the muffins in the oven for about 20-25 minutes.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 111
- Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 20
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 4
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.