Low FODMAP Spinach Pesto Risotto
You can always wake me up for a risotto. Especially when it is a simple risotto like this one. The fewer ingredients a risotto has, the better it usually is.
This spinach pesto risotto tastes divine. A simple recipe to score points with at a dinner party, but also to eat on the couch on a lazy weekend day.
I won’t spend any more time convincing you: you should just try this recipe!Print
Low FODMAP spinach pesto risotto. Very easy, but you will definitely score points with this at a diner party. Gluten-free, low lactose and vegetarian.
- 160 g (5.6 oz) risotto rice
- 450–500 (1.9 – 2.1 cups) ml stock (make sure to check the ingredients for FODMAPs)
- 3 handfuls of fresh spinach
- 35 g (1/4 cup) pine nuts
- 1.5–2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 40 g (2/5 cup) parmesan cheese
- Pepper and salt
- Optional: 100 g canned mushrooms (contrary to normal mushrooms, canned mushrooms are low FODMAP up to 100 g per portion)
- For the pesto: put the spinach, pine nuts, olive oil, lemon juice, parmesan cheese, pepper and salt into a foodprocessor (or use a handblender) and make it into a pesto. Taste and season with some extra pepper, salt and lemon juice if necessary. Add some more olive oil if the pesto is too thick.
- Heat some butter in a pan.
- Add the risotto rice and stir until the rice is glazed.
- Add a spoonful of stock. Stir until all the stock has evaporated.
- Repeat this process until you have used all the stock and the risotto is cooked.
- Stir the pesto into the risotto and add the mushrooms if you use them.
- Serve with some more parmesan cheese.
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Low FODMAP risotto, spinach pesto risotto, low FODMAP spinach pesto risotto
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.